Do you want to know what is the Regulation for Surrogacy Process in India? Read the complete blog to know Everything about this.
Surrogacy is when a woman gives birth to a child for an intending couple with the intention to hand over the child after the birth to the intending couple.
In India the Surrogacy(Regulation) Bill,2019 was Introduced by the Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan in Lok Sabha on July 15,2019. A child born out of a surrogacy procedure will be deemed to be the biological child of the intending couple… Further, the surrogate mother will have an option to withdraw from surrogacy before the embryo is implanted in her womb.
In India commercial surrogacy is prohibited and altruistic surrogacy is allowed. Altruistic surrogacy allows medical expenses and insurance coverage during the pregnancy to the surrogate. Commercial surrogacy includes surrogacy or related procedures undertaken for a monetary benefit or reward (in cash or kind) exceeding the basic medical expenses and insurance coverage.
Surrogacy is permitted for intending couples who suffer from proven infertility; (ii) altruistic; (iii) not for commercial purposes; (iv) not for producing children for sale, prostitution or other forms of exploitation; and (v) for any condition or disease specified through regulations. The intending couple should have a ‘certificate of essentiality and a ‘certificate of eligibility’ issued by the appropriate authority.
This document is being furnished to you for your information. You may choose to reproduce or redistribute the contents for non-commercial purpose in part or in full to any other person with due acknowledgement of PRS Legislative Research (“PRS”). Any option(s) expressed are entirely those of the respective author(s). PRS makes every effort to use use reliable and comprehensive information, but PRS does not represent that the contents of the website are accurate or complete. PRS is an independent not-for-profit group. The contents of the website have been prepared without regard to the objectives or opinions of those who may receive it.
• Certificate of proven infertility of one or both members of the intending couple from a District Medical Board
• An order of parentage and custody of the surrogate child passed by a Magistrate’s court.
• Insurance coverage for a period of 16 months covering postpartum delivery complications for the surrogate.
• Indian citizens with 5 years of marriage.
• Age between 23-50 for wife, husband 26-55 years.
• With no surviving child.
Certificate of Eligibility is obtained:
• Surrogate should be a close relative of the intending couple.
• Married and having at least one child.
• Certificate of mental and psychological fitness required.
Registration of Surrogacy Clinic:
• It should be registered NATIONAL SURROGACY BOARD SHALL CONSTITUTE OD THE STATE AND CENTRAL GOVERNMENT:
• Board advises central government on policy related matters.
• Code of Conduct of surrogacy clinic.
• Supervision of state Surrogacy Board.
Offences and Penalties:
• Undertaking or advertising of commercial surrogacy.
• Exploitation of surrogate mother.
• A surrogate child getting exploited abandoned and discovered.
• Certain embryo and garre’s getting sold and imported for surrogacy.
THE PENALTY FOR SUCH OFFENCES IS IMPRISONMENT UPTO 10 YEARS AND A FINE UP TO 10 LAKH RUPEES.
1. Commercial surrogacy banned
2. Foreigners cannot use surrogates
3. Surrogacy is only for infertile couples married for five years
4. Participants can only approach close relatives for surrogacy
5. Couples can only use surrogacy once
6. Homosexuals cannot use surrogates
पिछले कुछ वर्षों में टेस्ट ट्�...
Estrogen is a very important hormone in a female’s body. It is especially ne...
The happy news of pregnancy arrives after the successful completion of the fer...
पिछले कुछ वर्षों में थायराइड �...
पुरूष निःसंतानता शब्द कुछ सा�...
महिलाओं को मासिक धर्म आने के क...
निःसंतानता एक ऐसी समस्या बनत�...
प्राकृतिक गर्भधारण में विफल �...
समय के साथ हमारी प्राथमिकताओ�...
पिछले कुछ वर्षों में टेस्ट ट्�...
Get quick understanding of your fertility cycle and accordingly make a schedule to track it