One of the most crucial steps during a reproduction process is fertilization. This means that out of the several sperm released, at least one should travel and reach a female’s egg and fertilize it. If the male partner cannot impregnate the female due to issues like hormonal imbalance, blockages in the reproductive organs, abnormally low sperm count, etc. then your doctor may conclude that it is the case of Male Infertility.
There are two identifiable types of Infertility in Men:
(a) Primary infertility: Unable to impregnate and have a child even once in their lifetime.
(b) Secondary infertility: Problems in impregnating again after successfully having a child in the past.
Timely consultation, expert clinical testing and analysis can help to identify the root cause of a delay in pregnancy and provide the correct treatment.
Infertility is a problem in a male’s or female’s reproductive organs that stops them from conceiving a child. Couples who are unable to get pregnant even after engaging in frequent unprotected sexual intercourse for more than a year should consult a doctor to check for any infertility problems.
Male infertility is less spoken about as compared to female infertility problems. Nevertheless, they are very prevalent and can be the major roadblock in the path of a couple’s parenthood. It is essential to address this problem at the earliest with an expert and start your treatment. Continue reading to know more about male infertility problems, symptoms, diagnosis, and solutions at Indira IVF.
Infertility problems are common in both men and women. Correct and complete clinical tests and accurate diagnosis with the help of a doctor are necessary to identify the type of infertility problem and whether it is in the male or female partner.
Studies reveal that around 27.5 million Indian couples have a problem conceiving a child (infertility). Out of these, around one-third of the cases are due to infertility in men, the rest of which is due to abnormal functions in the female reproductive system, or issues in both partners.
Here are some of the common problems identified in men regarding reproductive health and well-being.
Several factors can put men at a greater risk of infertility problems. Below mentioned are a few examples:
People who are constantly exposed to such conditions, follow an unhealthy lifestyle, or have other health problems should consult a good doctor at the earliest and discuss the chances of infertility and the required treatment at Indira IVF.
Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) has introduced several effective treatments for infertility problems in men. Expert guidance, accurate diagnosis, and the best fertility solutions provided by well-experienced doctors of Indira IVF help patients overcome the problem of infertility and easily transition into parenthood.
Some of the commonly conducted tests for male factor infertility assessment are:
(1) Semen Analysis – To understand the number of sperm present in the semen (sperm count), abnormalities in the shape of the sperm (morphology), the ability of the sperm to move (sperm motility), sperm liquefaction time (the amount of time required for the sperm to turn from a thick gel state to a liquid state), fructose level, abnormal presence of white blood cells, etc.
(2) Sperm DNA Fragmentation Index (DFI) – The Sperm DNA Fragmentation Index test is done to identify if the genetic material of the sperm or the DNA has any kind of damage. This test is generally suggested for male infertility patients with abnormal semen analysis, advanced age, varicocele, past failure in ART cycles, etc.
(3) Post ejaculation urinalysis (PEU) – Retrograde ejaculation causes a backward flow of semen to the bladder instead of allowing it to discharge through the male reproductive organ. PEU helps to determine this condition by identifying the presence of semen in the urine.
(4) Physical examination – The doctor may check for any visible signs of problems or damage in the genitals. This procedure is done with the consent of the patient.
(5) Analysis of medical history – Doctors emphasize on understanding whether the patient has had any injuries, surgeries, or chronic health conditions to draw correct conclusions.
If required, doctors can also recommend some other tests like –
(1) Hormonal testing – Hypothalamus, pituitary glands, testicles, etc. release several hormones in the body. Through this test, hormone levels necessary for healthy sperm production, fertility, sexual development, etc. are checked.
(2) Scrotal Ultrasound – The structure of the testicles and the nearby organs are checked through scrotal ultrasound to identify problems like varicocele, blockages, etc.
(3) Testicular biopsy – This test is conducted by extracting sperm samples from a person’s testicles and checking if male fertility issues are due to low sperm production, problems in sperm motility, blockages, etc.
In Vitro Fertilization has helped over 1 Lakh + couples overcome infertility.
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection can help in most severe male factor infertility.
Micro Testicular Sperm Extraction can assist when sperm is not released through ejaculation.
Medicines, hormonal injections, etc. are low-cost infertility therapies.
In extreme cases of male infertility, a couple takes the help of sperm donation.
In case you observe any of the above mentioned problems, or want to prevent difficulties in conceiving in the future, then here are the next steps you should follow:
Step 1: Visit any nearby Indira IVF clinic with all your medical reports. You can also call 18003091975 to book your consultation.
Step 2: Consult our Fertility Experts and get to know about the possible treatments. You can also get easy Zero Interest EMI Plans for your treatments at Indira IVF.
Get quick understanding of your fertility cycle and accordingly make a schedule to track it
15 yrs after marriage this couple from Nanded got first time IVF success at Indira IVF Pune
6 yrs after marriage this couple is blessed with a baby from Indira IVF
20yrs after marriage this couple from Sangali is blessed with a baby from Indira IVF Pune
Get a free consultation!
Locate an Indira IVF Centre near you.