ABOUT THE CENTRE
Infertility is something no one would wish for. But it does affect a good chunk of the population across the globe. It affects approximately 15% of the partners worldwide. This percentage amounts to 48.5% of the partners. About 50% of the cases of infertility are because of issues with women, 20-30% because of men, and the rest 20-30% because of both the genders.
The partners who find out that they are infertile can go through emotional stress and trauma. This situation may result in depression, sadness, frustration, lack of self-confidence, and self-esteem. Besides, the societal pressure of having babies can add to the situation.
If the right treatment is provided then one can always have a healthy baby. It can be made possible by IVF method i.e. In-Vitro Fertilization. Read this article to know more about.
When should you visit the doctor?
When the partners feel that they are unable to conceive despite all efforts then they should go to an IVF clinic in Guwahati. The most common way to interpret a problem with conceiving is if the partners are unable to conceive within a year. The fertility doctors in Guwahati will first and foremost carry out fertility tests.
The Different Types of Fertility Tests for Men and Women.
When you will visit an IVF center in Guwahati, the very first doctors are going to suggest are a few tests. These tests can be both for men and women. Through these tests, the IVF doctors in Guwahati will tell you the exact cause of the existing problem. They will also suggest appropriate treatment for the same. Tests for men are as follows:
- Semen Analysis: In this, the sperm is tested to find if it is healthy enough.
- Retrograde Ejaculation: This is tested by carrying out the urine test.
- Vasography: In it, a specialized x-ray is used to check for any blockage in the male reproductive system.
- Ultrasound of the scrotum and the seminal vesicles.
Tests for women are as follows:
- Check up for any Sexually Transmitted Disease.
- Ultrasound to check the size of the uterus, the thickness of its lining, cysts, and fibroids which can cause infertility.
- Hysterosalpingogram, or HSG: This is conducted to examine the shape of the uterus and for any blockage in the fallopian tubes.
- Sonohysterogram: In this, a sterile liquid is placed inside the uterus. After injecting the liquid the uterus and its walls are examined.
Few other tests and techniques:
- Post-coital examination: This test will require the partners to have intercourse one or two hours before the test. In it, a sample of the cervical mucus is sent for microscopic examination. The viability of the sperm and its communication with the cervical mucus is checked in this test.
- Laparoscopy: In this examination, fertility doctors will place a laparoscope inside the abdominal area by making a tiny incision. This is done to search for endometriosis, scarring damage, and any other possible condition.Ultrasound to check the size of the uterus, the thickness of its lining, cysts, and fibroids which can cause infertility.
What after the fertility test?
After successfully getting the tests done, the fertility doctor in Guwahati will suggest proper treatment. They will make sure that by the treatment, the chances of getting pregnant is increased.
What is IVF?
IVF stands for In-Vitro Fertilization and it literally means ‘fertilization in glass.’. It is a technique which proved to be a boon for many partners around the world. This technique includes a procedure which allows embryo implantation which thereby stimulates fertility. There are many surgical procedures and medicines which help to induce the sperm to fertilize it with the egg. And then the fertilized egg is planted on the lining of the uterus of the woman. Indira IVF center in Guwahati is the most trusted fertility center in Guwahati. Infertility treatment in Indira IVF, Guwahati is that of international standards. This center is not just known for exceptional patient care but also high IVF success in small intervals. IVF technique has become quite popular because it enables pregnancies for partners who have had no chance of conceiving.
What is the procedure followed in the IVF technique?
The procedure followed in IVF is indeed a complex one.
- First, the eggs are retrieved from the female follicles by the doctor.
- Second, the male sperm is placed inside the female’s vagina or the uterus through the process of artificial insemination.
- Third, successful fertilization leads to the formation of a healthy embryo. Eventually, this embryo begins to grow
The patients need to book an appointment at the Indira IVF hospital in Guwahati and consult the best IVF Specialist in Guwahati. India IVF provides the best test tube baby treatment in Guwahati and it is also known to attract a good number of patients from across the country. One can go for this technique in cases of blocked fallopian tubes, ovulation disorders, the absence of fallopian tubes, genetic disorders, and cases with no reason. Note that there might be certain side effects after the IVF process like mild cramps, mild bloating, tenderness of the breast, or constipation.
What is the Cost of IVF treatment in Guwahati?
IVF cost in Guwahati varies from clinic to clinic. It can range from as low as Rs. 1,26,000 to as high as Rs. 2,79,600. It entirely depends upon the experience of the doctor, the reputation of the clinic, and the extent to which the treatment is required.
Since Guwahati has one of the best IVF hospitals, the IVF specialists will probably ask for:
- The patient's clinical records for any disorders or surgeries.
- The patient’s usage of prescribed drugs for any medical condition in the past.
- The patient’s intake of alcoholic beverages, caffeinated drinks, tobacco, or any kind of drugs.
- The patient’s sexual history which includes the frequency of sexual intercourse, any sexually transmitted diseases, unprotected sexual intercourse outside marriage.
- The patient’s choice of undergarments. For instance, in case of a guy, snug fitting briefs will make the scrotum climate too hot for sperm production.
- The patient’s regularity of the menstrual cycle, in case of a woman.
- If the patient skipped a menstrual cycle or not.
- Finding any blood clots or changes in blood circulation.
- The kind of birth control method used.
What should you do/expect after successful embryo implantation?
There are certain things which the patient should do/not do after successful embryo implantation. They are:
- After the implantation, the patient has to take rest and relax the body as well as the mind.
- The body should not be worked up after the implantation. Also, the patient should not indulge in sexual intercourse after the procedure.
- Indulge in a habit of consuming a healthy diet. The diet should include proteins and fibers.
- Extreme temperatures should be avoided. Going to the swimming pool is also not advised because the patient can catch an infection.
- Get in touch with a fertility counselor who will help the patient to get through this phase in a guided manner.
Chief Embryologist & IVF Specialist
It is one of the fastest-growing markets of India and also has a lot of scope with the introduction of newer techniques....
Gynaecologist & IVF Specialist
IVF is a blessings to couples who are trying for more than 12 months or more to have a baby. Now with IVF they can turn their dream into reality....
Gynaecologist & IVF Specialist
Now a days we can find a fertility centre in every nook and corner of city. The fertility market is really on a hike. In this scenario, we must help...