Gynaecologist & IVF Specialist
Fulfilling the dreams of helpless infertile couples is the greatest motivation ever. Awareness about infertility treatment is increasing with every pa...
Best IVF Centre in Warangal
With the 1st fertility centre in Warangal and 4th IVF clinic in Telangana, Indira IVF owns its 90th fertility clinic in India. Indira IVF, Warangal owns the most advanced technology, latest equipment and a world-class embryology lab.
Infertility: Who Needs Treatment and Who Doesn’t? The diagnosis of infertility is often not absolute, but it is important from the outset to identify the cause of infertility to determine for whom IVF treatment is imperative, for whom it is advisable and for whom it is probably a matter of preference or convenience.
Fertile women under 36 years of age, who have fertile partners and have regular intercourse, will experience about a 16-18% pregnancy rate per month and approximately a 10-12% chance of having a baby from such a pregnancy. According to recent stats, in one year, approximately 70% of women conceive, shared Dr. Srujana Nandyala, Indira IVF centre in Warangal
What is important to bear in mind is that it still leaves about 30% of cases where, in spite of no obvious barrier to fertility, the woman still fails to conceive within a year. Why is it so?
The timing of intercourse is critical. It must occur immediately prior to ovulation, not after ovulation. The reason behind this is the detection of the ovulation hormone LH in the urine (upon which this test is based) which does not reliably pinpoint the exact time of ovulation. Indeed, ovulation begins within 38-42 hours of the spontaneous LH surge, but the LH only reaches the urine several hours later, and very often, by the time the urine is tested, it might already have been in the bladder for several hours. This is especially common when testing for the LH surge is done upon awakening in the morning or late in the day. In such cases, the urine will have pooled for some time before being tested and the women might, in fact, have ovulated many hours prior, thereby missing the fertility window. To know more about infertility problems and the need for IVF treatment, visit Indira IVF and consult the best IVF specialist in Warangal.
The diagnosis of male infertility is often made on the basis of a single semen analysis and the parameters tested are based on sperm count, motility and its morphology. Since at least 50% of infertility is reportedly due to “sperm dysfunction” and this diagnosis (especially in mild to moderate cases) is often inaccurate, it is easy to see how male infertility is often misdiagnosed, stated Dr Srujana Nandyala, Indira IVF clinic in Warangal.
Women with Endometriosis have reduced fertility potential. But they are not totally incapable of conceiving (sterile). In such cases, the chances of pregnancy might be reduced from 16-18% per month (the normal) to 3-4%, and the chances of having a baby might be reduced from 70% in one year to about 40% within 3 to 4 years. This helps explain why many women with even mild endometriosis, where the doctor often states that the cause of infertility is “unexplained” often take longer than one year to conceive, and thus end up being labelled with the tag of infertility, whereas in reality they have “reduced fertility”, confirmed Dr. Srujana Nandyala, Indira IVF fertility clinic in Warangal.
In case of absent or dysfunctional ovulation, women (in spite of their condition), may still experience intermittent functional ovulation; where they could still conceive on their own. It might take them longer to conceive but that does not mean that they are totally incapable of doing so.
There are women who have damaged, yet patent, fallopian tubes where the journey of the sperm, egg and embryo to reach their destinations is rendered much more difficult and hazardous. Since the intra-tubal environment is much less hospitable to the embryo than the uterus, embryos will rarely attach and grow inside the fallopian tubes (when they do, it results in an ectopic pregnancy, and can be very dangerous). These women might take longer to achieve pregnancy, but again this certainly does not mean that they are totally incapable of doing so on their own, stated Dr Srujana Nandyala, Indira IVF, best IVF centre in Warangal.
So when should “infertility” be treated and when should we delay or avoid treatment? To answer this question, it is important to consider that waiting might put some women completely out of the run. This is because the biological clock is relentless and cannot be “reset”. So, when we talk about older women (with ever declining egg quality) and those with diminishing ovarian reserve regardless of their age, do not have the luxury of waiting to see whether pregnancy will indeed occur on its own or not. They need to go with the phrase “make hay while the sun shines” lest by waiting, the opportunity might slip away.
Also, since most couples are desirous of having more than one child, by waiting to have the first one, the rapidly ticking biological clock could make it far less likely for them to have a second one. Thus, the sooner they get treated the better.
The same applies in case of existence of endometriosis, moderately severe male factor infertility or non-occlusive tubal disease which reduces the ability to conceive. Here again, time becomes important and even if, such women might well have conceived on their own, they simply cannot take the chance of waiting and then running out of time, said Dr. Srujana Nandyala, Indira IVF, best IVF clinic in Warangal.
However, there are certain situations where the infertile couple is faced with the dire need of undergoing ART treatment. These include:
Completely blocked tubes
Inability of the male partner to produce any viable sperm
Failure to ovulate, due to hormonal imbalance or absolute ovarian failure (menopause).
The presence of high blood levels of anti-sperm antibodies (either in male or in female)
Absence of, or severe disease of the uterus (here IVF is done using a gestational surrogate).
Intractable immunologic implantation dysfunction.
A case involved a young couple who had been trying to conceive for 4 long years. The male partner had a very low sperm count and poor motility. While awaiting IVF with intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), conception occurred. Unfortunately, she miscarried early in the first trimester and afterwards, believing that she would again conceive on her own, tried for another 5 years to achieve pregnancy through natural conception. When this failed, she came for IVF with ICSI, soon conceived and gave birth to twins subsequently, shared Dr Srujana Nandyala, Indira IVF hospital in Warangal.
It is indeed an undeniable fact that infertility is often not synonymous with sterility. However, for reasons cited above, this does not mean that treatment should be withheld. It is also important to recognize the time and need for the treatment.
Thus, Infertility treatment is often as important for the couple with reduced fertility as it is for the women with absolute sterility. For an affordable IVF cost in Warangal, talk to Indira IVF’s best IVF doctor in Warangal and start your parenthood journey without a further ado.
Talk to the best team of fertility experts in the country today for all your pregnancy and fertility-related queries.
Call now 18003092323