ABOUT THE CENTRE
In vitro fertilization or IVF is a medical procedure that can be referred to as an assistive reproductive technology aka ART. Here, the woman’s eggs are retrieved and then artificially mixed with the sperm in a sterile environment. The fertilized egg, known as the embryo is frozen or immediately transferred to the woman’s uterus. IVF is a procedure that people use to overcome their fertility issues. It helps the couple get pregnant, and successfully conceive a child.
Some of the reasons or cases where the IVF treatment can be successful or useful are listed below. Look for a respectable IVF centre in Dadar for the process;
- To help the male with his fertility issues
- To help the woman freeze her eggs
- For surrogate mothers and sperm donors to get some extra cash
For IVF couples can usually opt for any of the following options. the best IVF centres in Dadar offer all of these options to the patients
- The eggs and sperm of the couple but transferred to another womb
- The sperm taken from a donor
- The eggs taken from a donor
- Both the eggs and the sperm taken form outside
- Donated embryos
Your doctor can also implant embryos in a surrogate, or gestational carrier. This is a woman who carries your baby for you. IVF has a high success rate, depending on the medical institute that you have been referred to for the treatment. Also, the age, menstrual health and fertility of the female plays a huge role in the process. Women under 35 have a higher success rate of successfully conceiving under the IVF treatment. The IVF clinic in Dadar also offers treatments for older women, helping them get pregnant
Why Is In Vitro Fertilization Performed?
IVF is a process that allows infertile couples to have a baby. The treatment, though super expensive have a higher success rates than most fertility drugs and procedures out there. The doctors are also very meticulous with the process and prescribe only the best of medication and other drugs for maximizing your chances. The fertility drugs may be injected to your body or given to you via intrauterine insemination. Note that the IVF cost in Dadar doesn’t cover the costs of these extra drugs and treatments. Here are some of the cases where IVF process becomes the only way out;
- reduced fertility in women over the age of 40
- blocked fallopian tubes and damaged ovaries
- endometriosis and PCOS
- uterine fibroids
- male infertility and impotency issues
- hormonal imbalances
- ejaculation issues
Some parents may also opt for IVF so as to reduce the risk of any genetic disorder to being passed on to their offspring. IVF specialists in Dadar usually conduct these tests and check for any genetic abnormalities in the embryo before transferring it in the uterus.
How Do I Prepare for In Vitro Fertilization?
The IVF procedure might sound very simple and straightforward but it involves a lot of complications. For starters, the IVF doctor in Dadar has to first check if the mother and father are fertile and healthy enough to conceive naturally. Next, he has to identify the cause of infertility in the couple. Be prepared to answer personal questions about your sex life, menstrual cycle, orgasms, ejaculation related questions and more. You also would have to tell the doctor about any medication that you’re on, or if you have a history of chronic or genetic defects in the family
The women have to usually undergo a process called the ovarian reserve testing where the doctor would take blood sample and test it for FSH or follicle stimulating hormone levels. This gives the doctor ample information about the size, quality and movability of the eggs. The doctor may also examine your uterus, get an ultrasound scan and insert a scope through the vagina to check the uterine lining and your overall reproductive health
For men, the doctors would require a sperm sample which will be sent to the lab for detailed analysis. The shape, frequency, size, movability and consistency of the sperm is tested to check for damages. The process to examine the sperm is called ICSI or intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI). During ICSI, a technician injects sperm directly into the egg. ICSI can be part of the IVF process.
IVF is a very personal and difficult decision for the couple for it doesn’t have a 100% success guarantee and it costs a lot of money. Also you have to decide the number of tries that you can afford, the possibility of multiple pregnancy and the chances of failure before you opt for the procedure. The best IVF doctors in Dadar also offer psychological counselling to their clients.
How Is In Vitro Fertilization Performed?
IVF is a process that involves multiple steps, each of them equally important in determining whether you will have a baby or not. Ensure that you get it done at a certified and reputed clinic or hospital only as any kind of complacency or carelessness can have some pretty serious consequences. IVF fertility centres in Dadar are usually authentic and recognised by the government for their quality and credible doctors.
Moving on to the different steps that have to be performed in IVF. The first step is testing and preparing the woman’s uterus via a process called stimulation. Then comes egg retrieval where the doctor scrapes out the egg from the fallopian tube and store them. the third step is insemination where the egg is mixed with the sperm. Then the mixture fertilizes into an embryo before it is finally transferred inside the womb. The entire IVF treatment conducted in IVF hospitals in Dadar is explained in detail below;
- stimulation is a process which triggers the production of multiple eggs in the woman’s ovaries. Usually a woman produces only one egg with each menstrual cycle. In IVF you need several eggs to improve your chances of fertilization. Fertility drugs are usually injected into the woman’s body to prepare it for multiple egg production. The doctor would also regularly regulate your blood pressure and take ultrasound scans to check if the eggs are ready for retrieval
- Egg retrieval is a procedure where the doctor scrapes out or takes the eggs out of the vaginal passage artificially. Egg retrieval is known as follicular aspiration. The surgical process is usually preceded by an anaesthesia. The doctor uses an ultrasound wand to guide a needle through your vagina, into your ovary, and into an egg-containing follicle. The needle will suction eggs and fluid out of each follicle.
- Insemination is the process where the eggs retrieved in the petri dish are brought into contact with the sperm. The fertility centre in Dadar might use the sperm of your partner or take one from the sperm bank. The single sperm is injected into the cytoplasm of the egg- a process called ICSI
- Embryo Culture is where the doctor leaves the egg and sperm combination for a few days to evolve and fertilize. The eggs are monitored to ensure proper cell division and development of the embryo
- Embryo transfer is the process where the fertilized eggs are finally implanted in the woman’s uterus. The process takes place in about 3-5 days after insemination. Implantation involves inserting a thin tube called a catheter inserted into your vagina, past your cervix, and into your uterus.The woman gets pregnant when the embryo attaches itself to the endometrium layer or uterine lining of the womb.
Talk to the best team of fertility experts in the country today for all your pregnancy and fertility-related queries.
Call now +91-7665009014
Gynaecologist & IVF Specialist
Fulfilling the dreams of helpless infertile couples is the greatest motivation ever. Awareness about infertility treatment is increasing with every pa...