ABOUT THE CENTRE
Introduction Almost everyone wishes to settle and have a kid at some point in their life and finding out about the inability to produce a kid due to infertility can be traumatic. However, if the right treatment is availed at the right time, then, one can get pregnant and give birth to a healthy baby. How is that possible? Well, let us find out.
When to visit the doctor?
Being one of the best IVF hospital in Howrah, the first thing that is advised to the patients is to visit an infertility expert as soon as they feel that they something is not right. The most common way to find this is if you and your partner have been trying to conceive for over a year now. However, if you are over 35 years, then, you need to go see your doctor after trying to have unprotected sex for six months and if you are over 40 years, then, the ideal time for trying would drop down to three months. Our IVF specialist in Howrah will let you know the exact cause of the problem and suggest an appropriate treatment as well.
Fertility tests conducted for men and women-
When you visit an IVF hospital in Howrah, the first thing that the doctor will do is conduct some fertility tests so as to ascertain the main reason behind not being able to conceive. Some common fertility tests carried out in males:
- The most common test that is conducted in men is semen analysis wherein their sperm is tested to find out if they are healthy
- The retrograde ejaculation is tested by carrying out urine test.
- Vasography which involves a very specialised x-ray is used to check if there is anything that is blocking the male reproductive organs.
- Ultrasound is carried out in order to examine the scrotum and the seminal vesicles.
Some common fertility tests that are carried out in females include:
- The most basic gynaecological test is first conducted for the females.
- The body is thoroughly checked for the presence of any STDs which can be a huge contributing factor for infertility.
- Ultrasound is conducted in order to check the size of the uterus and how thick the uterus lining is. It is also used to look for cysts and fibroids which can again lead to infertility in the body.
- HSG, short for hysterosalpingogram is a test that is carried out to examine the shape of the uterus and check if the fallopian tubes are not blocked.
- Sonohysterogram is another commonly followed test as a part of which, a sterile liquid is placed inside the uterus after which the uterine along with the uterine walls are examined.
What happens after the fertility test is done?
After you visit the fertility centre in Howrah and get all the tests done, the fertility doctors in Howrah, depending on what comes out in your report will suggest you a proper treatment that you can undergo in order to increase your chances of getting pregnant.
What is IVF?
In-vitro fertilization (IVF) is a technique which has reduced the problem of infertility to a large extent. In the most basic terms, in-vitro fertilization is basically a procedure that helps one with embryo implantation, thereby stimulating fertility resulting in pregnancy. It is one of the most widely used procedures these days and makes use of the assisted reproductive technology. Numerous surgical procedures as well as medicines are involved to induce the sperm in being able to fertilize the egg and then plant the fertilized egg on the line of the uterus. IVF has become increasingly popular these days because it has been able to allow for pregnancies successfully in patients who were declared infertile with no chances. With the help of this process, our IVF centre in Howrah has been recording successful pregnancies and deliveries.
Process followed as part of IVF by the IVF doctors in Howrah:
Though the process of IVF appears to be complex, it is not that hard to follow. First, the eggs are retrieved from the follicles by the doctor after which through artificial insemination, the sperm from the male is either placed inside the vagina or inside the uterus. A successful fertilization leads to the formation of the embryo which then begins to grow. All you need to do is to book an appointment at our IVF clinic in Howrah where the best of treatment is given to the patients. This test tube baby treatment in Howrah is one of the most advanced processes and makes use of the latest technology.
According to studies, it has been recorded that in women who underwent an average of 2.7 IVF cycles, the chances to conceive increased between 34 percent and 42 percent. One can go even beyond this by trying to conceive for at least three IVF cycles. It is a perfect treatment in cases with blocked fallopian tubes, women suffering from ovulation disorders, women with no fallopian tubes, people suffering from some genetic disorder, and cases where infertility has no underlying reason. Soon after undergoing the IVF process, there might be some side effects as well including mild cramps, mild bloating, tenderness of the breast, and constipation.
Cost of the In-vitro fertilization treatment-
A good IVF infertility treatment in Howrah will cost around Rs. 1 Lakh. It actually depends from one clinic to the other. However, with the increasing success rate, the cost of the package increases as well. With a success rate of 60%, the IVF cost in Howrah starts from Rs. 1,50,000.
Things to do/expect after a successful embryo transfer-
- After the embryo has been successfully implanted on the wall of the uterus, the patient needs to just take it easy and relax their body. Watch a good movie, and relax the mind as well as body as much as possible.
- Do not go to your Gym/Yoga class right away because that can wait. Instead of getting your body all worked up, you need to de-stress it. Also, ensure that you do not indulge into any sexual intercourse right after the treatment.
- Start having a healthy diet full of proteins and fibres. Eat the healthiest vegetables and lots of fruits as if you are already pregnant. It is very important to maintain a healthy diet to yield a positive outcome after the treatment.
- Avoid going into extreme temperatures be it extremely hot or extremely cold. It is also advisable not to go into pools as you can easily catch an infection during this time. Ask your doctor about the same.
- It is very important for you to get in touch with a fertility counsellor who along with your family and friends helps you get through this phase.
With the best IVF doctors in Howrah, Dr Swaroopa Jaiswal, and Dr Archana Verma, becoming pregnant is not impossible. With the kind of expertise and experience that they have had in this profession, all you really need to do is do some research of your own if needed and book your appointment right away.
What are you still waiting for? Call us and book your appointment today!
Gynaecologist & IVF Specialist
Fulfilling the dreams of helpless infertile couples is the greatest motivation ever. Awareness about infertility treatment is increasing with every pa...