Gynaecologist & IVF Specialist
India has become a hub for providing better and affordable healthcare treatments. The IVF services here are much better, accessible and affordable tha...
IVF Clinic Solapur
Infertility has been defined as the failure to conceive despite having unprotected intercourse for about a year. There are more than 1 million cases per year in India who suffer from this disorder. It is usually treatable by a medical professional, self-diagnosable, and can resolve within months with proper treatment. About 8 to 15% of couples go through fertility problems. However, there are many treatments available to increase the chances of getting pregnant. Such treatments include fertility drugs, hormone treatments, and surgery.
What are the causes of Infertility?
In Men The problems in men which result in infertility are:
• Low Sperm Count: This happens when the man ejaculates a low number of sperm. A sperm count below 15 million is considered to be low.
• Low Sperm mobility: This is when the male sperm cannot ‘swim’ towards the egg to be fertilized.
• Abnormal Sperm: In this case, the sperm is of an unusual shape. This makes it harder to move and fertilize with an egg.
• Overheated testicles: This condition can be because of wearing tight clothes, working in hot and humid environment, or because of using hot tubs.
• Ejaculation disorders: This may be because of the blockage of ejaculatory ducts.
• Hormonal imbalance: Testosterone deficiency can be because of hypogonadism
• Genetic Factors: Klinefelter’s syndrome can cause abnormality in testicles. In this condition, the man will have two X chromosomes and one Y chromosome. There will be low testosterone and low sperm count or even no sperms in worst cases.
• Hypospadias: This abnormality is because the urethral opening is under the penis of the man. This condition affects about 1 in every 500 male children.
In Women The problems in women which result in infertility are:
• Age: This is a very common problem in many women. The ability to conceive gradually falls after the 30s.
• Smoking: The habit of smoking can affect the condition of fertility in women. It reduces the chances of conceiving in women.
• Diet: Women who have a lack of folic acid, iron, zinc, and vitamin B-12 can suffer from infertility.
• Ovulation disorders: Release of a mature egg i.e. regular ovulation is important for a woman to conceive naturally. There are some disorders which may affect the ability of a woman to ovulate normally. The most common among these disorders are PCOS i.e. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism, and Ovarian Insufficiency. Women who go through irregular cycles should get themselves checked at the earliest.
• Tubal Occlusion or Blockage: Blocked fallopian tubes can be because of a history of sexually transmitted infections like Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Pelvic Inflammatory disease. In such cases, ovulated eggs are unable to be fertilized by sperm or even reach the endometrial cavity. In the case of blockage of both tubes, In-vitro Fertilization (IVF) can help. But if only one tube is blocked or filled with a fluid called hydrosalpinx, then surgical options like laparoscopy or hysteroscopy can help.
• Uterine Fibroids: Approximately 40% of women may have this disorder. There have been found three types of fibroids; Subserosal, intramural, and submucosal fibroids. It is the submucosal fibroids which have been clearly demonstrated to have reduced pregnancy rates roughly by 50%. In some cases, removal of the submucosal fibroid can solve infertility.
• Endometrial Polyps: These are finger-like growths in a woman’s uterine cavity. Polyps can decrease the fertility rate by up to 50%. However, polyps can be removed by a minimally invasive procedure.
When should one visit the doctor?
The partners should go to an IVF clinic in Solapur when they feel that they have not been successful in conceiving even after a year of having unprotected intercourse. The fertility doctors in Solapur will advise the couple to undergo certain tests to find the exact reason for failure. When you will visit an IVF centre in Solapur, the very first doctors are going to suggest are a few tests. These tests can be both for men and women. Through these tests, the IVF doctors in Solapur will tell you the exact cause of the existing problem. They will also suggest appropriate treatment for the same.
What is IVF and how does it help?
IVF i.e. In-vitro Fertilization is a procedure of fertilization in which the egg of a woman is combined with the sperm of a male outside the woman’s body (in-vitro). In this process, the ovulatory process of a woman is monitored. This process will allow the egg to fertilize with the sperm in a liquid in the laboratory. IVF center in Solapur is one of the very trusted fertility centre in Solapur. Infertility treatment in Solapur is that of international standards and one can blindly rely on the techniques used.
What are the steps involved in IVF?
There are five basic steps involved in the process of IVF. These are:
• Control Ovarian Hyperstimulation (COH): Medication is given to stimulate egg production. Ultrasound and blood tests are done to examine the ovaries for egg production.
• Egg Retrieval: Eggs are retrieved through certain surgical methods. This process is guided by transvaginal ultrasonography. A hollow needle enters through the pelvic cavity to retrieve eggs.
• Fertilization and Embryo Culture: The male partner is asked to produce a sample of his sperm. This will be used to combine with the eggs.
• Insemination: The sperm and the egg is combined and stored in a laboratory dish. This is to encourage fertilization. On the success of this step, the fertilized eggs are considered as embryos.
• Embryo Transfer: Embryo is transferred on the third day. This process does not require any anesthesia. It is done with the help of a catheter or a small tube which is inserted into the uterus.
The patients need to book an appointment at the IVF hospital in Solapur and consult the best IVF Specialist in Solapur. Indira IVF provides the best test tube baby treatment in Solapur and it is also known to attract a good number of patients from across the country. One can go for this technique in cases of blocked fallopian tubes, ovulation disorders, the absence of fallopian tubes, genetic disorders, and cases with no reason. Note that there might be certain side effects after the IVF process like mild cramps, mild bloating, tenderness of the breast, or constipation.
Benefits of IVF
Listed below are some of the major benefits of IVF:
• This technique helps older patients conceive according to their wish. By this technique, there is always a hope of conceiving even if the couple is much older for conception.
• It helps same-sex couples or single women to conceive if they wish to have a baby.
• IVF technique has been used for a long time and has had a safe track record.
• Until fertilization is attempted, there might be cases where the reasons for failure might not be known. It helps to diagnose the actual problem for failed fertilization.
• Embryos can be successfully screened for any inherited diseases.
What is the IVF cost in Solapur?
IVF cost in Solapur varies from clinic to clinic, depending upon the medications and tests.
Common Concerns About the Post-IVF ‘Two Week Wait’
• Cramps after Embryo Transfer: Many women worry when getting cramps after embryo transfer. They think that it is a sign of period and the IVF cycle has failed. Also, some think that it is a sign of pregnancy. However, none of them are true. The medications involved in the process of IVF impact the reproductive organs of the woman. There is fluid buildup around the ovaries which thereby cause tenderness and bloating.
• Spotting or Light Bleeding: Light bleeding is very common in women. It is not a reason to be worried about. However, any unusual bleeding should be reported to the doctor immediately.
• Stress and IVF Success: Studies say that there is no connection between stress and IVF success rates. However, it is recommended in a general way that women should not stress after the IVF procedure.
Solapur has some best IVF doctors as they have the required expertise and experience for this profession for many years. Patients need not worry about failures in the IVF procedure when these doctors are around. All you need to do is good research about the location you would want to choose and the financial capabilities. Now hurry and book your appointment!