Team of Fertility Expert
Dr Shruti Gupta
Request a Call Back
Indira IVF Tilak Nagar
Address Opp. Metro pillar no-502, Near Tilak nagar Metro station, Besides Axis Bank, Tilak Nagar, New Delhi - 110018
IVF Center in Tilak Nagar
IVF Clinic Tilak Nagar
Introduction Most couples desire to conceive at some point in their life. Approximately 85% of the couples conceive within the first year of their married life. An additional 7% of the couples conceive in the second year. Even after this, when couples cannot conceive, it might be because of infertility factors. This situation can be traumatic for both individuals. It can affect their self-esteem and self-confidence. Besides, the societal pressure of having children can add to the already existing trauma.
What can be the causes of infertility?
Some of the common causes of infertility can be listed below:
• Maternal Age: Delay in childbirth to the thirties or forties can have an adverse effect on the functioning of the egg. The reason for the same is unknown but as female ages, the egg number keeps decreasing. Not only this but the quality of the egg and the likelihood of the egg being genetically normal also decreases. Hence, the chances of conceiving decreases when the woman enters her early 30s and 40s.
• Ovulation disorders: Release of a mature egg i.e. regular ovulation is important for a woman to conceive naturally. There are some disorders which may affect the ability of a woman to ovulate normally. The most common among these disorders are PCOS i.e. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism, and Ovarian Insufficiency. Women who go through irregular cycles should get themselves checked at the earliest.
• Tubal Occlusion or Blockage: Blocked fallopian tubes can be because of a history of sexually transmitted infections like Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Pelvic Inflammatory disease. In such cases, ovulated eggs are unable to be fertilized by sperm or even reach the endometrial cavity. In the case of blockage of both tubes, In-vitro Fertilization (IVF) can help. But if only one tube is blocked or filled with a fluid called hydrosalpinx, then surgical options like laparoscopy or hysteroscopy can help.
• Uterine Fibroids: Approximately 40% of women may have this disorder. There have been found three types of fibroids; Subserosal, intramural, and submucosal fibroids. It is the submucosal fibroids which have been clearly demonstrated to have reduced pregnancy rates roughly by 50%. In some cases, removal of the submucosal fibroid can solve infertility.
• Endometrial Polyps: These are finger-like growths in a woman’s uterine cavity. Polyps can decrease the fertility rate by up to 50%. However, polyps can be removed by a minimal invasive procedure.
• Male factors: Around 40-50% of the cases are because of male infertility factors. For the same, semen analysis is required. Once the factor is confirmed, the male partner is referred to a reproductive urologist and advised certain ways which can help in conceiving.
When should one visit the doctor?
The partners should go to an IVF clinic in Tilak Nagar when they feel that they have not been successful in conceiving even after a year of having unprotected intercourse. The fertility doctors in Tilak Nagar will advise the couple to undergo certain tests to find the exact reason for failure.
The Different Types of Fertility Tests for Men and Women
The IVF doctors in Tilak Nagar will ask you to undergo some tests to know the exact cause of your problems. So, make sure to carry all your medical documents before visiting the IVF centre in Tilak Nagar. This will help them suggest appropriate treatment for the same.
Tests for women are as follows:
• Check up for any Sexually Transmitted Disease
• Ultrasound to check the size of the uterus, the thickness of its lining, cysts, and fibroids which can cause infertility
• Hysterosalpingogram, or HSG: This is conducted to examine the shape of the uterus and for any blockage in the fallopian tubes.
• Sonohysterogram: In this, a sterile liquid is placed inside the uterus. After injecting the liquid the uterus and its walls are examined.
Tests for men are as follows:
• Semen Analysis: In this, the sperm is tested to find if it is healthy enough
• Retrograde Ejaculation: This is tested by carrying out the urine test
• Vasography: In it, a specialized x-ray is used to check for any blockage in the male reproductive system.
• Ultrasound of the scrotum and the seminal vesicles.
What after the fertility test?
After successfully getting the tests done, fertility doctors in Tilak Nagar will suggest proper treatment. They will make sure that by the treatment, the chances of getting pregnant is increased.
What is IVF and how does it help?
IVF i.e. In-vitro Fertilization is a procedure of fertilization in which the egg of a woman is combined with the sperm of a male outside the woman’s body (in-vitro). This process will involve monitoring and stimulating the ovulatory process of a woman and allowing the egg to fertilize with the sperm in a liquid in the laboratory. IVF center in Tilak Nagar is one of the very trusted fertility centre in Tilak Nagar. Infertility treatment in Tilak Nagar is that of international standards and one can blindly rely on the techniques used.
What are the steps involved in IVF?
There are five basic steps involved in the process of IVF. These are:
• Step 1: First, fertility medications are given which stimulates egg production. Ultrasound and blood tests are done to examine the ovaries for egg production.
• Step 2: Second, eggs are retrieved through certain surgical methods. For this process, ultrasound imaging is used to guide a hollow needle which enters through the pelvic cavity to retrieve eggs.
• Step 3: Third, the male partner is asked to produce the sample of his sperm which will be used to combine with the eggs.
• Step 4: Forth, is the process of insemination. In it, the sperm and the egg are combined and stored in a laboratory dish. This is to encourage fertilization. On the success of this step, the fertilized eggs are considered as embryos.
• Step 5: The final step is to transfer the fertilized embryo into the woman’s uterus. This is done with the help of a catheter or a small tube which is inserted into the uterus to transfer the embryo.
If you are planning to undergo test tube baby treatment in Tilak Nagar and looking for best IVF specialist in Tilak Nagar, then Indira IVF is here for you. You can avail treatment for treatments such as unexplained infertility, the absence of fallopian tubes, ovulation disorders, blocked fallopian tubes, etc.How to Prepare yourself before going to the doctor?
The first appointment with your doctor will include an in-depth study of your medical history. This will help in building a road map to the woman’s fertility journey.What to bring with you?
• Copies of all medical records
• A list of questions to ask your doctor
• A notebook to write down instructions and any required detailsInformation needed during the visit
• List of medications, vitamins, or any supplements that you take
• Key medical information including that of menstruation
• Details of attempts of getting pregnant
• Details of the family history of infertilityWhat should one expect from an IVF specialist?
IVF specialists might ask you about the birth control you are using, if you are experiencing any blood clots, about your menstrual cycle or kind of undergarments you prefer.
What is the IVF cost in Tilak Nagar
IVF cost in Tilak Nagar varies from clinic to clinic, depending upon the medications and tests you may require as per your condition.
What affects Embryo implantation success rates?
Embryo implantation success rate depends on two factors: Quality of the embryo and the Receptiveness of the woman’s uterus. Majority of the implantation failures is because of chromosomal abnormalities in the embryo.
What to do after embryo transfer?
After embryo transfer, there are a list of things the patient should do for their benefit:
• Take as much as possible especially during the ‘two-week wait’ before getting an official pregnancy test done.
• Abstain from physical exercise and sexual intercourse. The ovaries need to be protected at this point hence vigorous physical exercise can cause contractions in the uterine walls. Same goes for intercourse.
• Eat a healthy diet assuming that you are already pregnant. Lots of protein, fiber, and vegetables are good for consumption during this time.
• Extreme temperatures should be avoided during this time. You should avoid hot tubs, saunas, hot yoga that can increase the internal temperature of the body.
Talk to the best team of fertility experts in the country today for all your pregnancy and fertility-related queries.
Call now +91-7665009014