Gynaecologist & IVF Specialist
Sometimes people are misled and misguided with superstitious and hence, we should attempt to debunk myths related to infertility. Also, proper counsel...
Know your IVF treatment plan
Infertility is the condition that arises when a couple is not able to conceive after having unprotected sex for a long period of time. This time period is generally defined to be 12 months. Studies indicate that infertility has been seen as a common phenomenon from which seen in 10% women who are aged between 15 years and 44 years. Infertility can be caused due to any one partner the chances of it being 33% due to the male partner, 33% due to the female partner, and 33% due to both the partners.
There are numerous ways that can lead to infertility in men and women. Some of these reasons are as follows: • Infertility in men:
1. Sperm is ejaculated by men. It depends on the sperm count if the person is fertile or not. A low sperm count being less than 15 million is considered to be low and unfit for fertilization. 2. Sperm motility is another major factor that contributes to infertility. Motility is when the sperm swims in order to reach the egg. In case of low sperm motility, the sperm is not able to swim towards the egg. 3. It might also happen that the size and shape of the sperm is different from that of the normal one leading to difficulty in fertilizing the egg. 4. Abnormal semen caused by a medical condition such as cancer, surgery, overheated testicles, blocked ejaculatory ducts, and hormonal imbalance. 5. Some other reasons include the age which is if the male is trying for fertilization after the age of 40 years, exposure to chemicals such as pesticides, high amount of alcohol consumption, obesity, and stress.
• Infertility in women: 1. If the woman is trying to get pregnant around the age of 32 years, it might turn out to be a problem for her. 2. Smoking is a major contributing factor to infertility seen in both men and women. Even passive smoking has been found out to be injurious to health and causing infertility in both the genders. 3. Consumption of alcohol can lead to a higher risk of being unable to get pregnant. 4. Another reason contributing to infertility is obesity or being overweight. 5. If women are not including zinc, Vitamin B, iron, zinc, folic acid in their diet, it can cause infertility in them. 6. Mental stress is said to contribute heavily in infertility to a large extent. It is always better to be sure about anything before jumping to conclusions and indulging in treatments. So, before opting for the infertility treatment in any hospital, it is advisable to undergo the following tests for both men and women in order to be sure whether or not you are actually suffering from infertility:
• For Women: 1. A basic gynaecological exam 2. Tests conducted to check for STD 3. Ultrasound in order to look for fibroids and polycystic ovaries 4. Diagnostic laparoscopy is carried out to check if there are any blocked fallopian tubes 5. Endometrial biopsy in which a small amount of the tissue from the uterine lining is retrieved and tested
• For Men: 1. Semen Analysis 2. Tests for STD 3. Ultrasound in order to check the scrotum and the seminal vesicles 4. Urine test and Vasography However, with the modern medicines and the present-day technologies, there are a number of treatments present to get pregnant these days. You can refer to your IVF specialist in Begusarai before deciding on which out of the below-mentioned technologies will be turn out to be effective for you. 1. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection 2. In-vitro fertilization 3. Assisted hatching 4. Surgical sperm aspiration 5. Sperm or egg donation 6. Intrauterine insemination 7. Electric or vibratory stimulation to achieve ejaculation
However, out of all the above-mentioned treatments, let us talk about the most commonly used method out of these i.e., in-vitro fertilization. • What is in-vitro fertilization?
As part of this process, a woman’s egg is fertilized by a male sperm in a laboratory dish. In-vitro when broken down into simpler terms means outside the body and fertilization is the process of the male sperm getting attached and entering into the egg to produce an embryo. This test tube baby treatment in Begusarai by Dr Mini Kumari’s is performed with utmost care.
By means of natural conception, when the sperm fertilizes the egg, the fertilized egg places itself on the lining of the uterus and continues to grow. About 9 months later, a baby is born. IVF is a form of assisted reproductive technology which comes into the picture when the couple is unable to conceive by natural methods. • What are the steps carried out in in-vitro fertilization?
1. The first step is known as super ovulation in which medicines are given to the female in order to boost the egg production in her body. Normally, one egg is produced by the woman. However, these fertility drugs lead to the production of several eggs. While this is being carried out, transvaginal ultrasounds too are carried out in the body of the female to check the hormone levels and the ovaries.
2. The second step is that of egg retrieval in which the eggs are removed from the woman’s body by means of a follicular aspiration. Medicines are given to the patient by the IVF doctors in Begusarai to reduce the pain. As part of this procedure a thin needle is inserted into the ovary and sacs which contains the eggs. This same procedure is carried out for the other ovary as well.
3. This is the step in which after the male sperm is inseminated into the egg of the female, fertilization takes place. At the IVF hospital in Begusarai, the sperm of the male is mixed with the best quality egg of the female, a procedure known as insemination. In case the chances of fertilization are low, the sperm is injected into the egg directly by a procedure known as intracytoplasmic sperm injection.
4. After the fertilized egg divides, it forms an embryo. In about 5 days of time, the normal embryo has its cells which are dividing actively.
5. In this step, the embryo is placed into the womb of the woman after 3 to 5 days after egg retrieval and fertilization is done. In this process, the doctor inserts a thin tube into the vagina of the woman via the cervix. More than one embryos can be placed into the womb.
The infertility treatment in Begusarai ensures that the procedure is completed on time and that utmost care is taken to ensure that all the precautionary measures are taken throughout the procedure. IVF centre in Begusarai has specialised fertility doctors in the clinic who will ensure that your case is thoroughly studied and all the tests are performed prior to coming to any conclusion. The fertility centre in Begusarai ensures that all the state-of-the-art facility is provided to the patients and that a thorough checkup is done for the patient before and after the IVF is carried out.
• Cost of IVF:
There are two types of In-vitro fertilization treatment costs in India comprising of: 1. Average cost per IVF treatment cycle (basic)
The IVF cost in Begusarai for the basic plan ranges from Rs. 2,50,000 to Rs. 4,50,000 and differs from one city to the other. 2. Average cost per IVF treatment cycle (advanced)
The IVF cost for the advanced treatment includes: 1. The ICSI treatment includes IVF cost and additionally Rs. 1,50,000 2. Frozen embryo transfer includes the IVF cost and Rs. 1,20,000 additionally