Gynaecologist & IVF Specialist
The rural parts of India are still unaware of available treatments that can solve their infertility. This is a serious setback for our society's progr...
IVF Center Shimla
Introduction to IVF
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is the process of treating fertility problems and helping to conceive a child. It is carried out by extracting eggs, getting the sperm sample and implanting the egg in the uterus. This process takes almost two weeks. In this assisted reproductive technology, the eggs can be your own or others. You can also receive this from an anonymous donor. You have chances of having a healthy baby depending upon multiple factors such as age, fertility. Why is IVF Carried Out
1. This process is carried out for treating infertility.
2. It can also be done if a couple is trying to conceive after the woman turns 40.
3. This can be performed after trying other less invasive options of treatment such as fertility drugs and what not.
4. Sometimes it is carried out if someone has health problems, such as:
• Damage to the fallopian tube or any kind of blockage that makes it difficult for the embryo to reach the uterus. • Ovulation disorders due to which there are fewer eggs in the ovary. • Loss of ovarian functions before menopause, also known as Premature ovarian failure. They are unable to produce normal amounts of estrogen or eggs. • Endometriosis which affects the working of the ovaries, uterus and fallopian tubes. • Uterine fibroids i.e. tumours on the wall of the uterus. It is a common problem for women in the age of 30s and 40s. It also affects the implantation of the fertilized egg. • Tubal ligation that cuts fallopian tubes and permanently prevents pregnancy. • An improper and abnormal sperm count, concentration, weak mobility, size problems that makes it difficult to fertilize an egg. • There is no particular cause found for the infertility. It remains unexplained. • A genetic disorder. • For those who are about to start cancer treatment, like radiation or chemotherapy, this process could harm your fertility. You can get your eggs harvested and put in a frozen state for later use in the future.
How To Prepare For IVFYou should always choose an IVF Clinic in Shimla, keeping in mind every detail of that place. There are factors such as the success of the clinic, treatment methods, detailed information, costs, insurance covers and whatnot. Here is how you prepare for IVF: Bring someone with you Bringing someone along reduces the stress and puts you at ease. There is so much information to absorb, which becomes easier if you have someone who is a good listener and takes notes.
Medical Paperwork You must bring all the medical records, supplements, medical insurance papers, any important papers you might have. Be ready to answer all the questions and make sure that you mention everything clearly.
Questions and Answers Prepare any questions you have before the procedure and ask the IVF doctors in Shimla about it. Clear all your apprehensions and remain invested in the entire process.
Money Problems Find out how much the treatment costs, if any insurance covers it. Talk freely about your budget so that you can find out about any discounts that may be available. Talk to the financial counsellor about planning and loans. Plan everything according to how much time it will require for this entire treatment.
How to choose the right clinic
1. Do your research You should look for everything before deciding. Check facts, websites, statistics, reports, talk to clinics, patients, support groups. Finally, also schedule a meeting with your potential doctor for any consultation. Look up all the fertility doctors in Shimla and see which one meets your needs. 2. Point of contact The main thing about a good fertility clinic is having good doctors. You might either have a single doctor or multiple ones. You would prefer having one point of contact, so make sure they know that too. 3. Ask Questions Ask questions, solve your hesitation, clear your doubts. Check your doctors’ qualifications and their affiliations with hospitals. See to it that your insurance covers everything. 4. Success ratio You must check the success reports of the clinic and find their statistics. 5. Location and distance For you to travel frequently, you must also make sure that the clinic isn’t too far. You need to work out your time and adjust your schedule accordingly. Look for any IVF hospital in Shimla that has a flexible time slot and is not too far so that it is easier to travel. 6. Hospitality The staff that you will be working with is courteous and helpful. See to it that they answer your questions and don’t rush into anything. 7. Timings Check when the clinic opens and that if they remain open on weekends, if doctors handle queries outside of office hours. 8. Services offered The extra services also matter, so check if there is an on-staff counsellor who can help you with your options. Find out more about support groups, workshops, and any other services that might be offered at the fertility centre in Shimla
Side effects of IVF There are quite a few side effects from IVF. Women are advised to rest after the procedure. Here are the few side effects: • Cramping • Mild bloating • Constipation • Tender breasts • Headaches
Call the doctor if you experience any of the following problems: • Heavy vaginal bleeding • Pelvic pain • Blood in the urine • High fever • Mood swings • Abdominal pain • Nausea or vomiting • Less peeing • Shortness of breath • Severe stomach pains • Weight gain
There are some additional risks that come with IVF treatment: • It increases the chances of bleeding, infection, and damage to the bowel. • There is a possibility of multiple pregnancies through IVF. It can lead to premature delivery and low birth weight. • The risk of miscarriage increases with age. • IVF is an emotional rollercoaster for the couple, which can also lead to psychological stress and emotional problems. This increases if the process fails. • IVF cost in Shimla: The treatment cost varies from one city to another. The average cost will be ranged from Rs. 2,50,000 to Rs. 4,50,000. In Mumbai, the cost is Rs. 2,00,000 to Rs. 3,00,000. In Bangalore, it ranges from Rs. 1,60,000 to Rs. 1,75,000. If the patients want the frozen embryo transfer procedure to be done as well, the price goes up to Rs. 1,20,000 extra. • A condition called Ovarian Hyperstimulation syndrome. Here, your ovaries become swollen and painful. There are many symptoms for this such as abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea, shortness of breath. • Egg-retrieval complications that can lead to bleeding, infection or damage to the bowel. • Birth defects due to the mother’s age are highly possible. IVF does not account for this issue.
Infertility Treatment in Shimla There has been technological upgradation which has led to success in many fields, including IVF Treatment. There is provision of but many fertility centres as well. Shimla provides a range of facilities for IVF Treatment, with multiple centres, clinics, procedures and professionals. There are many clinics, out of which Chandrama Eye and Maternity Hospital and Durga Test tube baby Center is the best IVF centre in Shimla. They offer a variety of services from Eye Surgeons, Hospitals, Gynaecologist & Obstetrician Doctors, Ophthalmologists, Infertility Doctors, Lasik Doctors and many more.
They are very courteous to their patients and readily answer every question they have.
Here is the procedure that is followed in test tube baby treatment in Shimla:
1. The eggs are monitored and their time of release is noted. This is done in order for the doctors to make sure that your hormonal levels are normal.
2. Then the eggs are taken from the ovary. In order to reduce the pain, anaesthesia or other medicines are given to the patient. This process consists of passing a needle through the vaginal walls. Then vaginal ultrasound takes place and the egg is separated from the follicles. It is placed in an incubator.
3. Here the entire process of fertilization takes place. A sperm sample is taken and injected inside the egg. This is then placed in a chamber and carefully monitored to ensure proper fertilization.
4. This consists of embryo transfer. The healthiest embryo is transferred to the uterus through a speculum that is inserted into the vagina. There must be bed rest for a total of 24 hours after this.
IVF Treatment can be a life-changing decision for both you and your partner. Make sure that you choose the best hospital, specialists, doctors for the same. Take everything into consideration and ask questions so that you know what is going on and how everything is going to take place. Choose the best for yourself.