Dr. Rakshita Explained that “There are tons of information around what is okay to do during IVF treatments and what is not okay to do during IVF treatments.” Remembering all that information might be difficult and confusing as well as time-consuming. So, for your convenience, this article describes you a helpful list of that and addresses all about it. You might be currently undergoing IVF treatments or you might be planning to undergo fertility treatments, whatever the case might be you are in the right place.
IVF: Do’s and Don’ts
Here is the list of Do’s during IVF treatment,
- Understand the process: Being aware and knowing about the IVF process results in you being personally confident to undergo IVF as it is a complex process with a sequence of procedures to achieve pregnancy. IVF takes two weeks for finishing one cycle. A process called egg retrieval is involved in IVF, where a woman’s eggs are retrieved from the ovary and are fertilized with a sperm which results in an embryo. Once the embryo is developed, it is again transferred back into the uterus which results in pregnancy. Now, this is what the process is about.
- Understand your hormone levels: It is vital to know that your hormones will be on the edge during the whole process and your emotions will undergo a roller coaster ride as you have to deal with unusual bouts of sadness, anxiety, and uncertainty when you have to make major decisions. Understand it is all normal under the current situation, though it cannot be avoided but can be minimized if you can bring it under control.
- Follow the instructions: It is always advisable to follow the advice of the doctor with regards to your food choices, sleep patterns and the kind of medicines that you must take regularly for the IVF treatments.
- Keep an eye on insurance policies: IVF treatments can be costly and can make a dent on your financial expenses. But don’t you worry. There are several beneficial insurance policies out there to cover the majority of the expenses. Take a well-informed approach on considering a policy before opting for IVF treatments.
- Get support: Never ever hesitate to ask for psychological support. Never neglect the state of your mental health. You will be experiencing a multitude of emotions with each one cying for individual attention and it is vital to address them all one by one. Talk to your family, friends, and psychiatrists if you ever need someone to share stuff which is bothering you. They will be more than ready and present to offer you the help that you long for.
- Reduce stress: As you begin to make your mind about considering IVF treatments, cut back on all types of stress that drain you out. Take remedial steps to battle stress by meditating, listening to positive and uplifting music, watching inspiring videos and practicing a hobby.
- Find the convenient IVF clinic: Choose the clinic which is located near you, and has qualified and certified working professionals in reproductive medicine. These qualified physicians will be able to guide you step by step through their level of medicinal expertise and knowledge.
The list of Don’ts,
- Watch out for substance use: It is highly important to avoid smoking, drinking and taking drugs which are not prescribed during the treatments to ensure the success rate. Therefore stay away at all costs.
- Don’t neglect your state of health: It is so common to forget taking care of yourself while making other important choices. Try to stay fit, eat healthier food, take a balanced diet and don’t forget the essential vitamins.
- Don’t disregard or take advice lightly: Follow the expert physician’s advice word to word. They are more knowledgeable and know the process in and out. Listen carefully and follow it.
You are aware of the list of do’s and don’ts of the IVF process. This list is helpful before deciding to go for IVF treatments. But during the process of IVF, there are some do’s and don’ts you have to follow to ensure maximum success. The entire list of do’s and don’ts during the IVF process can be divided into three sections or phases. The phases are a pre-cycle phase, mid-cycle phase and, post-cycle phase. They are as follows.
- The goal should be fully focused on staying to your best healthy state both body and soul.
- Your diet must contain some fruits, nuts, green leafy stuff, and lots of veggies and of course meat that is rich in zinc if you are a meat lover.
- Drink water. Drink lots of it to maintain a healthy state of living. Stick to a schedule that enables you to drink at least eight glasses per day average minimum.
- Avoid foodstuffs that can cause food poisoning such as raw eggs.
- Do not include artificial sweeteners in your drinks or consume one which has it as a listed ingredient.
- Avoid excess doses of caffeine and keep away from alcohol.
- Try and avoid smoking. Stay away from tobacco.
- Ensure that you are taking at least eight hours of rest. Sleep is vital for your body so do not miss out on having the necessary sleep.
- Ensure a healthy level of fluids by in taking adequate quantity of water.
- The no smoking and no alcohol rule continues in this phase too.
- Do moderate to a low impact exercise routine.
- Avoid cardio-exercises.
- Remember that for some couples it takes multiple attempts to achieve a successful outcome. So never give up on IVF after the first attempt if it is unsuccessful.
- Do not listen to people who tend to focus on the negative aspects as each couple undergo a different process and follow a different lifestyle.
- You deserve a treat for following all the do’s and don’ts of fertility treatment this far and treat yourself with a spa day and a women’s night and such.
- Talk and share all that stuff that goes into your life with your partner.
- Try to relax as much as possible and avoid all kinds of stress.
- To avoid miscarriage and other fertility-related risks, do not take bath in a hot tub or undertake a hot sauna after the transfer of the embryo, as both of these tend to increase the average body temperature and can cause unnecessary complications which can be avoided.
- Since there are possibilities of light bleeding after the retrieval of the egg, do not use tampons but you can use menstrual pads and maintain proper hygiene.
- You can avoid bloating by consuming water and other alternatives such as coconut water and liquid IV or drinks which are low in sugar.
- In addition to eight hours of sleep, take plenty of naps ranging from half an hour to 45 minutes. This will help you to refresh yourself, stay alert and focus on important tasks to complete for the day.
Apart from this follow the physician’s advice regularly. This elaborative list of do’s and don’ts list applies to any kind of fertility treatments that you or your partner decide to opt for. So don’t lose heart and never give up on hope but keep doing what you must do and don’t stress much.
Surrogacy and IVF:
You might question yourself what’s the major difference between surrogacy and IVF? Notice that there is a world of difference. The babies conceived through In-vitro fertilization (IVF) are known as test-tube babies. In surrogacy, babies are conceived when a woman gets artificially inseminated with the intended sperm and this woman carries as well as delivers the baby for the intended couple to raise the baby as their own child. Surrogacy is typically an arrangement between a woman and a couple where the woman agrees to carry the baby in her womb until delivery. Usually, in a standard IVF procedure, the fertilized egg which is initially retrieved is transferred and placed in the womb of the biological mother from where the egg was retrieved in the first place. Contrary to this, in surrogacy, the fertilized egg is placed in the womb of the woman who has agreed to bear the child and not in the biological mother. The surrogate mother can do it either for reasons which vary from monetary to altruistic intentions. There are few countries which prohibit surrogacy for profit and India is among them.
There are few details to pay attention to, where maintaining a healthy diet is of prime importance. Include a lot of whole grains in your diet like quinoa, faro and, whole grain pasta and also don’t forget to include legumes, lentils, chickpeas and beans. Eating healthy fats is highly encouraged which includes virgin olive oil, nuts, avocado, etc. Highly processed foods and red meat must be avoided at all cost.
In addition to that meditating and visualizing all that happens in your body with the transferred embryos might induce positivity and optimism to make things work out just the way you wish it to happen.
You may also link with us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube & Pinterest
Talk to the best team of fertility experts in the country today for all your pregnancy and fertility-related queries.
Call now 18003092323
(Visited 2,479 times, 5 visits today)