In India, the cost of IVF treatment ranges from around ₹1,00,000 to ₹3,50,000, depending on the number of cycles, additional procedures, and factors such as location and the clinic's reputation. Health insurance may not cover the cost of IVF treatment, but some clinics may offer zero-cost EMI options to ease the financial burden. Let us explore the IVF Cost in detail.
IVF treatment average cost in India can vary due to location, the reputation of the clinic, components of the entire IVF package, the experience of the specialist, success rate, the type of IVF procedure required, and the medications needed. On average, a single IVF cycle's cost in India can range from ₹1,00,000 to ₹3,00,000 or even more, depending on the above-mentioned factors. Couples can choose several affordable IVF treatment options after consulting IVF specialists.
The cost of IVF treatment in India generally includes the following components:
1. Consultation fees: This is the fee of the doctor or the clinic charges for an initial consultation where the couple's medical history and fertility evaluation are discussed. The consultation fee can vary depending on the experience and reputation of the doctor.
2. Medication cost: The cost of medications used in IVF in India can vary depending on the protocol and dosage prescribed. These medications include hormones for ovarian stimulation, medications for egg maturation, and medications for luteal support.
3. Diagnostic tests and ultrasound scans: These include various tests and scans to evaluate the fertility status of both partners. It also includes blood tests, semen analysis, ultrasound scans, and other diagnostic tests.
4. Ovarian stimulation medications: This is the process of stimulating the ovaries to produce multiple eggs via medication. The cost of ovarian stimulation medications can vary depending on the protocol used.
5. Egg retrieval: This is a surgical procedure where the eggs are retrieved from the ovaries using a transvaginal ultrasound-guided needle. The cost of egg retrieval includes the cost of anaesthesia, surgeon fees, and operating room charges.
6. Sperm preparation and freezing: If required, sperm preparation and freezing may be done before the IVF procedure. The cost of sperm preparation and freezing can vary depending on the method used.
7. Embryo culture and development: After the eggs and sperm are fertilised, the resulting embryos are cultured in the laboratory for several days before transfer. The cost of embryo culture and development includes laboratory charges and embryologist fees.
8. Embryo transfer: This is the process of transferring the fertilised embryo(s) to the woman's uterus. The cost of embryo transfer includes the cost of anaesthesia, operating room charges, and the physician's fee.
9. Cryopreservation of extra embryos: If there are any extra embryos, they can be cryopreserved for future use. The cost of cryopreservation includes the cost of the cryopreservation process and storage.
10. Pregnancy test: After the embryo transfer, a pregnancy test is done to check for pregnancy. The cost of the pregnancy test is included in the IVF treatment cost.
It's worth noting that the exact cost of IVF treatment in India can vary depending on the clinic, the location, and other factors. Therefore, checking with the clinic about their specific IVF treatment cost and what is included is essential.
Some of the factors that can affect the IVF cost in India include:
1. Type of IVF procedure required (such as ICSI, IMSI, or PGD)
2. Age and medical history of the patient
3. The reputation and location of the clinic
4. The experience and qualifications of the specialist
5. The cost of medications and other consumables
6. The need for additional procedures, such as frozen embryos transfer or testicular sperm aspiration
7. The number of IVF cycles required to achieve pregnancy.
Health insurance policies in India usually do not cover the cost of IVF treatment or a test tube baby. This is because IVF treatment is considered an elective procedure rather than a medically necessary treatment. However, some insurance providers may cover diagnostic tests and procedures related to IVF treatment, such as blood tests, ultrasounds, and consultations with fertility specialists.
Coverage for these diagnostic tests and procedures may vary depending on the insurance provider and the specific policy. For example, some insurance providers may offer limited coverage for these procedures, while others may not cover them at all. Additionally, some insurance policies may have specific exclusions related to infertility or IVF treatment.
If you are considering IVF treatment and have health insurance coverage, it is advisable to check with your insurance provider to understand the extent of the coverage. You may also want to inquire about any co-payments or deductibles you may be responsible for paying.
Sometimes, your insurance provider may offer coverage for fertility treatments as part of a separate rider or add-on to your health insurance policy. However, these riders may have limitations and exclusions, so it is important to review the details carefully before purchasing additional coverage.
Here are some ways to save cost during IVF treatment:
1. Compare prices and services offered by different IVF clinics
2. Look for clinics that offer discounts or package deals
3. Choose a clinic that is located closer to your home or workplace to reduce travel expenses
4. Consider opting for a shared risk program where you only pay if you achieve pregnancy
Here are some ways to ease your financial burden during IVF treatment:
1. Consider taking a personal loan or medical loan
2. Check if your employer offers any financial assistance for IVF treatment
3. Look for government schemes that provide financial assistance for fertility treatments
4. Consider crowdfunding or seeking help from non-profit organisations that provide financial assistance for IVF treatment.
Indira IVF offers zero-cost EMI options for IVF treatment to make it more affordable for couples. Under this, patients can get IVF treatment and pay the amount in easy monthly instalments at zero interest rates.
You can book a Free Consultation with a fertility specialist at Indira IVF to learn more about IVF treatment cost and options. The specialist can provide a personalised treatment plans and cost estimate, based on your medical history and requirements. To book an appointment with our IVF Doctors, call 18003092323.
Get quick understanding of your fertility cycle and accordingly make a schedule to track it
15 yrs after marriage this couple from Nanded got first time IVF success at Indira IVF Pune
6 yrs after marriage this couple is blessed with a baby from Indira IVF
20yrs after marriage this couple from Sangali is blessed with a baby from Indira IVF Pune
Get a free consultation!
Locate an Indira IVF Centre near you.