Gynaecologist & IVF Specialist
India is a huge market for infertility treatments, still many areas are left untouched where there are no good centres. We need to widen our network, ...
What is infertility?
We have heard from a lot of people how they suffer from infertility. But, what exactly is infertility? In simple words, infertility is a condition of the reproductive system which prevents children from getting conceived. A couple is said to be suffering from infertility if they have been trying to get pregnant since a year by having unprotected sex. In case, this is the issue that even you are facing, then, it is time that you pay a visit to your IVF doctor in Jalgaon and find out what exactly is going on.
Symptoms of infertility In addition to being trying to conceive for 1 year, some other signs also indicate that you might be suffering from infertility including:
1. If your age is between 35 years and 40 years and you have been trying to conceive for six months without any success, then, it is time for you to pay a visit to IVF specialist in Jalgaon. 2. If you are aged above 40 years, then, without wasting any time, you must schedule an appointment with your doctor. 3. If your menstrual cycle has been irregular or you do not get periods, then, this issue needs to be catered to. 4. If your periods are unbearable, then, you need to visit your doctor and ask the reason for it. 5. In case you have gone through the cancer treatment or have had numerous miscarriages, then, it is highly advisable to visit your doctor. 6. If you have been diagnosed with the presence of pelvic inflammatory disease at any point of time in your life, then, you need to visit your doctor and ensure that your reproductive system has not been affected due to it. 7. If you are suffering from low sperm count or any other sperm-related issues. 8. If you have had sexual problems in the past or if these problems have been genetic in your family.
What causes infertility? There can be a number of reasons that can be attributed to cause infertility. Some of these include: 1. If there is an abnormal production of sperm due to health-related issues such as diabetes or HIV. 2. If there are any issues related to the sperm delivery due to problems such as cystic fibrosis, premature ejaculation, etc. 3. A constant/increased intake of cigarettes, alcohol, antibiotics, steroids also affect the reproductive system. 4. If you have had cancer, then, the radiation that you face during cancer treatment (chemotherapy) has a toll on the reproductive health. 5. If a person is suffering from polycystic ovary syndrome, it can lead to disorders related to ovulation which can further lead to infertility. 6. If there are any abnormalities related to the cervix opening or the uterus shape, then, it can also lead to infertility in women. 7. In case the fallopian tube is inflamed which can be caused as a result of a sexually transmitted disease, then, it can also cause infertility. 8. Endometriosis is a condition as part of which, there is the development outside the uterus of an endometrial tissue which affects the ovaries, fallopian tubes as well as the uterus thereby leading to infertility. 9. Some other very common reasons behind infertility include age in case the woman is aged between 35 years and 40 years, in case a person is overweight or underweight and does not indulge into exercises which leads to obesity.
Infertility treatment in Jalgaon: With more and more modern technologies and modern-day medicines coming into the picture, it has not become impossible to get pregnant. In-vitro fertilization also known as IVF is one such efficient procedure which increases the chances of fertility for an individual. The concept of IVF kicked in the year 1978 in England when the first test tube baby was born. In simple words, in IVF, the sperm is combined with the egg and this takes place outside the body in an artificial environment (such as a laboratory).
Success rates resulting from IVF specialist in Jalgaon:
It was noted that in the couples seeking out IVF, pregnancy was successful for an average of 29.4 percent of all the cycles. Out of these cycles, the ones that resulted in the mother giving birth to her baby successfully made up for about 22.4 percent on an average.
Procedure followed in test tube treatment in Jalgaon: The procedure of in-vitro fertilization comprises of mainly four steps which include:
1. The first and foremost step is that of monitoring the ovaries and noting down the time when the egg is released. This is done by the doctor to ensure that eggs are in fact being produced by your ovaries and that your hormonal levels are normal. Some women also consume fertility medicines in order to stimulate the ovaries to produce eggs.
2. After the ovaries are monitored, the second step is carried out as part of which eggs are retrieved from the ovary. Medicines are given to the patient prior to the retrieval so as to reduce the discomfort. The eggs are retrieved by passing a needle through the upper wall of the vagina. After this, the fluid is removed from the follicles with the help of the vaginal ultrasound. After this, the egg is separated from the fluid of the follicles and transferred into a culture dish after which it is placed in an incubator.
3. After the egg is placed in an incubator comes the step where the fertilization takes place. A sperm sample is obtained (from a donor or your partner) and the most active sperm is chosen to be mixed with the egg inside a glass chamber. The sperm is injected inside the egg after which the egg along with the sperm is placed inside the chamber and constantly monitored to ensure that the egg develops into an embryo (a healthy one!).
4. The final step comprises of the embryo being transferred. The embryos when they develop are checked so as to find out the healthiest one of the lot to be transferred to the uterus of the female body. In order to carry out this transfer, a speculum is put inside the vagina and the embryo is then transferred using a small plastic tube which is infused via a cervix into the cavity of the uterus. After the transfer is completed, the female is advised complete bed rest for 24 hours.
These are the essentially the four steps that are carried out for a woman to become pregnant via the procedure of in-vitro fertilization. Benefits of IVF:
1. IVF has proven to be successful in cases where all the other infertility treatments have failed. 2. This treatment can be used by a variety of people apart from just the mother such as surrogate mothers, same-sex couples, etc. 3. Since donated eggs are used during in-vitro fertilization, the chances of getting pregnant increase. 4. People who get pregnant using this treatment can exercise freedom over the duration when they want to have kids and if they want to focus on their career for the time being. You can choose the time when you want to get pregnant in a flexible manner. 5. By using this treatment, the chances of a woman to conceive a child successfully increase. This is because multiple cycles can be used if needed to ensure that there is successful conception.
IVF cost in Jalgaon: The cost of this treatment varies from one city to the other. For example if you get treatment from IVF centre in Jalgaon, then it will be different from IVF clinic in Mumbai. In India, on an average, the cost of in-vitro fertilization is estimated to range from Rs. 2,50,000 to Rs. 4,50,000. The average cost per treatment cycle ranges from Rs. 2,00,000 to Rs. 3,00,000 in Mumbai, from Rs. 1,60,000 to Rs. 1,75,000 in Bangalore, from Rs. 1,45,000 to Rs. 1,60,000 in Chennai, from Rs. 90,000 to Rs. 1,25,000 in Delhi, and from Rs. 65,000 to Rs. 80,000 in Kolkata.
In case the patient wants to go ahead with the frozen embryo transfer procedure, the patient will be charged Rs. 1,20,000 extra apart from the basic cost. In case you have the slightest of doubts regarding infertility, you must ensure that you visit your doctor and choose a treatment right now.