ABOUT THE CENTRE
In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is a procedure to help the women with infertility by assisting her with the conception of a child. It is one of the most efficient and effective assisted reproductive technologies out there. During the procedure, your egg is infused with your partner’s sperm. In some cases, there is an anonymous donor providing sperm, eggs, or embryos. There are several fertility centre in Hisar that can help you with the procedure.
The chances of a successful IVF treatment depends on several factors like age, cause of infertility, etc. It is an expensive, invasive, and time-consuming process. So make sure that you have a thorough understanding of all that is associated with this procedure. Indira IVF Hisar is one such fertility center that has the most affordable IVF cost in Hisar. It is the best IVF clinic in Hisar. In this article, we will be providing you with an overview of the IVF treatment.
First, let’s check out why IVF is performed. It is used to treat genetics or infertility problems. It is an option for you if either you or your partner has one of the following:
- Damage or blockage in the fallopian tube - This makes the fertilization of egg and travel of embryo to the uterus difficult.
- Ovulation disorders - Absence or less frequency of ovulation makes conception difficult as there are fewer eggs available.
- Endometriosis - This is a condition occurring when the uterine tissue gets implanted and starts growing outside the uterus. This affects the function of ovaries, fallopian tubes, and uterus.
- Uterine fibroids - These are benign tumors growing in the uterus wall. Common in men between 30 to 40 years, these can run interference in implantation of the embryo.
- Sterilization or removal of tubes - If you had your fallopian tubes blocked or cut for preventing pregnancy, instead of tubal ligation reversal, you can go for IVF.
- Impaired sperm - This includes less than average sperm concentration, weak sperm movement, and abnormal size and shape of the sperm. This results in difficulty for sperm to fertilize an egg.
- Unexplained causes - If no common cause has been found behind your infertility, IVF can be the way to go.
- Genetic disorder - If there is a risk of you passing your genetic disorder to your baby, you can use IVF for preimplantation genetic testing. Once the eggs are fertilized and harvested, they are tested for genetic problems.
- Preservation fertility - If you are about to begin treatment for cancer like chemotherapy for radiation, you need to preserve your fertility through IVF. The eggs will be harvested from the ovaries and kept frozen for later use. There are a number of IVF center in Hisar providing this facility. Indira IVF Hisar is undoubtedly the best IVF center in Hisar.
- The first step in the IVF treatment is the Ovulation Induction process. In this, synthetic hormones will be injected for stimulating your ovaries for producing multiple eggs. This process requires several medications for ovarian stimulation, oocyte maturation (for helping the eggs mature), prevention of premature ovulation, preparing the uterus lining. Before your eggs can be retrieved, you will require at least one to two weeks of stimulation of ovaries. For determining whether the eggs are ready for collection or not, your doctor will either perform a blood test or a vaginal ultrasound. In some cases, before the egg can be retrieved, IVF cycles are canceled. The reason behind this can be premature ovulation, an insufficient number of developed follicles, too many developed follicles, or any other medical issue.
- If everything goes right, you can move on to the second step, which is Egg Retrieval. This is done before ovulation and 34 to 36 hours after the injection. You will be sedated during the procedure. The most common retrieval method for this is transvaginal ultrasound aspiration. In this, an ultrasound probe is inserted inside our vagina for identifying follicles. Then a thin needle is inserted into the follicles through the vagina using the ultrasound probe for retrieving eggs. If this doesn’t work, an abdominal ultrasound can be used. You will feel full, pressured or cramps after egg retrieval. The mature eggs are put in a culture medium (a nutritive liquid) where they are incubated. The mature and healthy sperms will be used for the IVF procedure.
- The third step in this procedure is Sperm Retrieval. Your partner will be providing the semen sample through masturbation. Other methods for retrieval include testicular aspiration where the sperms are extracted from the testicles directly. In some cases, donor sperm can be used. Then, in a lab, sperm is separated from semen fluid.
- The next step is fertilization. There are two common methods for achieving this:
- Conventional insemination - In this, a mature egg and a healthy sperm are mixed and left overnight for incubation.
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) - In this, one healthy sperm is directly injected into one mature egg. This procedure is mainly used when there have been previous unsuccessful IVF attempts.
- The last step is the embryo transfer. This takes place about 2 to 5 weeks after retrieval of the egg. A mild sedative will be administered during the procedure. A catheter will be inserted into your uterus through your vagina and cervix. At the end of the catheter will be a syringe with one or more embryos in a small amount of fluid. The doctor will use the syringe for placing the embryo into the uterus. If the whole process is successful, the embryo will be implanted in the uterus lining about 6 to 10 days after the procedure.
After about 2 weeks, the doctor will take a test to check if you are pregnant. If you are, you will be referred to as a pregnancy specialist. If not, you have to stop taking progesterone. You will get your period and might have unusual bleeding. If you want to take another go at the IVF treatment, your doctor might recommend a few changes for improving your chances of getting pregnant. To make this treatment successful, you need the best team which you can get at the best IVF hospital in Hisar, Indira IVF. We have the best IVF doctors in Hisar that will help you get pregnant and get a chance to enjoy parenthood.
Even with so many benefits, some people don’t go for this treatment method. This is because of the risks associated with this procedure. To minimize this risk, we suggest that you visit Here are some of these risks:
- Multiple births - If you are transferring more than one embryo into the uterus, there are chances of multiple births. This, in turn, increases the risk of low birth weight and early labor.
- Premature delivery - IVF procedure is believed to increase the risk of premature delivery and low birth weight.
- Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome - This is a syndrome where ovaries become painful and swollen. It is caused due to the usage of fertility drugs like Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) for inducing ovulation. The symptoms of this condition include abdominal pain, vomiting, bloating, diarrhea, and nausea. These usually last a week. However, if you do get pregnant, these symptoms can last for several weeks. In some rare cases, a woman can develop a severe case of the condition where there is shortness of breath and rapid weight gain.
- Miscarriage - The miscarriage rate of women with IVF and women who conceive naturally is the same. However, as you age, this rate increases.
- Complications during retrieval of eggs - An aspirating needle is used for collecting eggs. This can cause infection, bleeding, or damage to a blood vessel, bladder, or bowel.
- Ectopic pregnancy - This is the type of pregnancy where the fertilized egg is implanted outside the uterus. 2 to 5 percent of women who go for IVF have an ectopic pregnancy.
- Stress - When you are undergoing the IVF procedure, it can be physically, emotionally, and financially draining. At this time, both you and your partner, need support from family, friends, and counselors.
At the Indira IVF clinic in Hisar, we have the best IVF doctors in Hisar. With the help of the most experienced IVF specialist in Hisar, you will be able to get a successful IVF treatment and get pregnant.
Talk to the best team of fertility experts in the country today for all your pregnancy and fertility-related queries.
Call now 18003092323
Gynaecologist & IVF Specialist
Most of the challenges that we faced while dealing with infertility has already been solved. We need to focus on the newer challenges and we need to a...
Gynaecologist & IVF Specialist
Fulfilling the dreams of helpless infertile couples is the greatest motivation ever. Awareness about infertility treatment is increasing with every pa...