Team of Fertility Expert
Dr Swathi Mothe
Request a Call Back
Indira IVF Secunderabad
Address 1- Bhuvana Towers , 101, 1st floor, Sarojini devi road, Secunderabad, Telengana -500003
IVF Center in Secunderabad
Overview of IVF
Over the years, IVF has helped numerous couples conceive a child despite being initially infertile. If you are facing issues with fertility, maybe its time for you to consider the treatment options. As far as IVF goes, you need to weigh out the pros and cons, checking whether you are actually the right candidate for the treatment or not. We will provide you all the help you need at our IVF hospital in Secunderabad.
It is indeed a matter of fact that in vitro fertilization is one of the most popular options nowadays for treating infertility. It has been helping a lot of people experience parenthood, which is one of the major reasons for its popularity. Having said that, your chances of getting pregnant through the treatment depends on various factors. Also, you must know beforehand that IVF is a time consuming and relatively costly affair. So, obviously, not all couples are the right candidate for the treatment.
What is the treatment all about? In this form of infertility treatment in Secunderabad, eggs are removed from the ovaries of the woman with the help of surgery. The eggs are then mixed with the sperm of the man at the clinic laboratory. The sperm and the egg can be of the couple themselves or from a donor. If the egg successfully fertilizes with the sperm, the embryo or embryos are then transferred into the womb of the woman.
It is expected that a minimum of one embryo successfully implants itself, thus leading to pregnancy. If there are extra embryos that aren’t transferred, they can be stored in the laboratory for use in the future. In most of the cases, doctors will prescribe you fertility drugs before undergoing the treatment. This is done for stimulating the ovaries for more production of eggs.
In one of the recent studies, it has been stated that doctors should try retrieving around 15 eggs for each IVF cycle. This gives them better chances of attaining pregnancy through the process. Fewer eggs would mean the chances of success are lowered. At the same time, over 20 eggs mean there would be a risk of OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome), in which there is excessive stimulation of the ovaries.
A complication like OHSS can result in abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and swelling. You should consult our IVF doctors in Secunderabad if you experience such symptoms. If there is a severe case of OGSS, it could result in blood clots or even failure of the kidneys, although it is a rare occurrence.
What makes you the right candidate for IVF? Fertility issues affect around 1 in every 8 couples. The most basic way of knowing whether you might need infertility treatment is detecting the inability to conceive. If you have been participating in unprotected sex for a considerable amount of time but aren’t able to get pregnant, it might be time to visit our fertility centre in Secunderabad.
For women under 35 years of age, failure in conceiving after a year of trying is an indication of infertility. For women over 35, treatment options might even be considered after 6 months.
For actually determining whether you are the right candidate, you may have to undergo certain tests at our IVF clinic in Secunderabad. If the cause of the infertility is determined, it will be easier to predict whether you will actually benefit from the treatment or not. Nowadays, IVF is used for treating infertility caused by various issues like:
• Endometriosis: With this condition, tissues resembling the uterus lining grow outside the organ and can result in infertility.
• Problems with fallopian tube: At times, there might be damage or blockage to the fallopian tube. When there is a problem with the tube, fertilization of eggs can be hard or almost impossible.
• Male infertility: Poor mobility of the sperm or low sperm count in men can also be impeding factors for fertility. A treatment like IVF increases the chances of fertilization.
• Unexplained infertility: There are even times when doctors are actually able to determine what exactly is the cause of infertility. In such cases, IVF is usually considered to be a good option worth considering.
There are many other factors that could be causing your infertility. It is better to get yourself checked out, so more effective treatment can be carried out depending on the cause. IVF itself might not be successful for all couples. For instance, the success rate is lower for women who have fibroid tumors, abnormal levels of hormones, ovarian abnormalities and uterine dysfunctions.
What are your chances of conceiving through IVF? In terms of success rates, test tube baby treatment in Secunderabad provides you a fairly decent chance of conceiving. However, as far as statistics are concerned, the actual numbers tend to vary. For instance, pregnancy rates might be reported, but not each pregnancy continues to the entire term. That is why the rate of live birth should be considered. After all, what couples want is to have a baby, not just get pregnant.
The chances of getting pregnant and having a baby also depend on your age. For women under 35 years of age, the chances are around 40%, while it drops to below 20% for women over 40 years of age. Quite naturally, the chances of getting pregnant and giving birth eventually are considerably lower for women in their 40s or even late thirties.
However, there are options available at our IVF centre in Secunderabad that could improve your chances of conceiving. For example, older women can consider the use of donor eggs to increase their chance of success. It is also worth noting that there is also a higher likeliness of miscarriages among aged women.
Is it the right option for you? If you have consulted with your doctor and consider yourself the right candidate for IVF treatment, you still have to consider a few other factors. You might be eligible to undergo the treatment but it still might not be a feasible option for you. Some factors that you definitely need to consider are:
• Cost of the treatment: In vitro fertilization is not an inexpensive treatment. Surgery, embryo transfer, anesthesia, medications and other procedures involved in the process factor into determining the overall expense. Furthermore, you might need more than one cycle of treatment to achieve pregnancy, which only adds to the IVF cost in Secunderabad. You need to keep in mind that success in the very first cycle is not guaranteed. Also, insurance companies might not cover the cost of the treatment, so you might have to check with your insurance provider.
• Overall time: A single cycle of IVF itself takes several weeks for completing. While you are undergoing the treatment, you will have to visit the clinic regularly for monitoring and testing. As there are many procedures involved, you might have to make changes to your work schedule for making the appointments. Once again, if an IVF cycle doesn’t result in success, you would have to do it all over again for the next cycle.
• Risks for the health: Apart from the risk of fertility drugs causing OHSS, there are other risks involved. As it is an invasive treatment, you have to consider the risks of surgery. Egg retrieval surgery can result in bleeding, infection or even damage to the bladder or bowel. There are also chances of reactions to anesthesia. Furthermore, the process of transferring embryos can result in ectopic pregnancy. These risks can have a further effect on your fertility, so be sure to consult with your fertility doctors in Secunderabad before undergoing the treatment.
• Multiple births: As is the case on a lot of occasions, parents decide to transfer more than one embryo for increasing the chances of getting pregnant. However, it also increases the chances of multiple births. You might have to discuss with your partner whether you are ready for such situation and what would you do if multiple embryos implant
• Stress: With so many factors involved in determining whether the process would be successful, the overall treatment process can be a stressful one. The wait for seeing the results can cause some anxiety and distress between the couple. Of course, when the treatment doesn’t actually result in pregnancy, feelings of heartbreak and anger are bound to surface. Moreover, you will not even be sure of what to do next.
Despite everything else, there is no denying that in vitro fertilization is indeed an excellent treatment option for infertility. A lot of couples try out the treatment to defeat infertility and finally have a baby. If not anything else, it is definitely worth considering. In particular, if other treatments are failing, IVF could save you. Call us now and book your appointment with our IVF specialist in Secunderabad.